Monday, December 5, 2011

Buttermilk Clusters

OK, it's been 2 months since I've bread blogged...  I've baked quite a bit since but I've just been taking the easy way out and posting (most of) the baked goods on Facebook.  Here's the latest:
Buttermilk Clusters:  (thanks to Floyd over at the Fresh Loaf website)

LINK: Buttermilk Cluster recipe    (if you're interested in trying this, let me know and I'll give you a couple of tips)

After the dough has proofed for about 90 minutes, it' cut up into 12 small balls and placed into a 10" spring-form pan
(click on pics to enlarge)

The dough is proofed again, this time for about 40 minutes while the oven is pre-heating.  The tops are brushed with an egg wash and topped with sesame seeds.  This pic below was taken 5 minutes into the bake.

The end result was a pretty darn good lookin' bread :)


Nice crunch to the crust and the crumb was light and fluffy. (and delicious too)

0 comments:

Post a Comment