Friday, September 9, 2011

Sourdough Starter Experiment (Update)

Looks like I'm definitely on the right track with my sourdough starter!  Here's what it looked like this morning (after 60 hours)

Very nice and frothy with a clean, sour aroma

I removed the two grapes I had in there and "fed" it with another cup of flour (AP UB white this time) and another cup of water.

I just checked on it and, in just an hour, it's looking very active.  I'll give it a couple of more hours, cover it and put it in the fridge overnight.  I'll repeat the feeding for the next 48 hours.  After that, I should be able to maintain this starter for years :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment