Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm in business!

I completely forgot about this, but my late brother Mickey had purchased this mixer some years ago.  Thank you Lau for reminding me!  It took my brother Lou and I some time, but I finally found it amid the mass of stuff in my Mom's basement.  It was touch and go scary looking in places that have not been disturbed in a long time, but it all worked out.  In addition to this, I stumbled up a small attache case that held some pretty cool documents.  We found my Grandfather's communion certificate from Italy (1884) and his citizen papers from 1927.  Lots of cool stuff I didn't know existed.  We now know the names of our grandfather's parents!  How cool is that?

Anyway, here's a new toy to help with my baking craze :)  It's a 5 quart Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer with all of the blade accessories and 2 stainless steel bowls.  Gonna try it out tonight.

BTW: today's bread was outstanding and a big hit in Brooklyn :)



3 comments:

Bargegirl said...

That's awesome looking machinery! Mind your fingers...

Joe Gee said...

I used it for the first time last night and it's pretty awesome. BTW, it does have a splash guard that prevents unwanted body parts from getting kneaded :)

Bargegirl said...

Good to know...

Post a Comment