Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First try with the new mixer

The new mixer is amazing!  I used the same proportions as the last batch and it really made short work of it.  I'm sure I must be handling this dough incorrectly (I'll be researching it) because I'm having a huge problem working with this particular dough (as is evident by my irregularly shaped baguettes).  It's a very sticky / tacky dough.  From what I'm reading, this is not necessarily a bad thing and many recipes call for even greater hydration.  I'll just chalk it up to my inexperience in dough handling / shaping.  They sure make it look easy on the videos though :)   However, I'm going to try another batch with a little lower hydration and see if it makes any difference in the final product.

Despite the irregular shape, this stuff is absolutely delicious!


1 comments:

Bargegirl said...

They do look wonderful! BTW, the "rustique" baguettes sold here are just as irregular.

Post a Comment